Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Consort 476 Rear Light

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Consort 476 Rear Light

Post by NickDeAth »

These lights have a gasket between the glass and the base. Does anybody know if these are available anywhere? Or failing that what type of rubber/ foam they are made from?
There seems to be so many types of rubber and foam about I never know what is good for what.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Consort 476 Rear Light

Post by Stan Thomas »

If my fading memory is correct, the material used was known as non-intercellular rubber - same as the grips on my Zimmer frame.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Thanks Stan I'll look for some of that.

Nick

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Nick, I think this is commonly called a "D" lamp ?

looking at Vintage Car Parts website they have a part ref 767g at £1.32 which looks to be the thing for you.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Hello David, there are 2or 3 "D" shaped lights all subtley different. I'll have a look and see, at that price easier and cheaper than making them. Thanks for the pointer.

Nick