Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1928 Limousine worm drive oil spec

Daimler Straight 8

1928 Limousine worm drive oil spec

Post by Daimler Straight 8 »

Hi there can anyone tell me what’s the best oil to put in a 1928 Straight eight worm drive back diff
And steering box

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: 1928 Limousine worm drive oil spec

Post by Norfolk Lad »

This link should tell you what you need viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2464&p=13587&hilit= ... hel#p13587

Johnsson

Post by Johnsson »

I use Penrite lubricants in all my old cars. If you contact them (see website) they will give you a recommendation on what to use for all models of Daimler.

Trevor

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Silkolene blend an oil specifically for worm drive axles. It is called Rhino 140 Classic, and is readily available.

JedFurneaux

Post by JedFurneaux »

A Monograde 140 is recommended BUT NOT an 'EP' one as they have additives that attack the phospher bronze over time. Castrol 140 D is the one I use. Appx £10 per litre and available on eBay.

Daimler Straight 8

Post by Daimler Straight 8 »

Thanks guys for all the information
It’s helped a lot
If anyone can a help find what model of daimler she is that would help alot