Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

heater hose clamp

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

heater hose clamp

Post by Phillmore »

Wanted for 1956 strict Conquest - the aluminium bracket/clamp that clamps the two metal heater hoses together in front of the heater box. Does anyone have a spare one or know of a source for them please?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

clevitt

Re: heater hose clamp

Post by clevitt »

Andy,
David Beales used to sell these clamps, I remember seeing them on his stand at Beaulieu in 2016. I thought that I had found a source for the missing clamp on my DB18 SS, but the heater pipes are a different size to those on the Conquest. The DB18 has the same clamp at both ends of the heater pipes, so I commissioned the local machine shop to make a copy of the one clamp that I had.
Chris

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Thanks Chris, I assume that they regularly broke because of the three Conquests I have only one has the 'remains' of a clamp!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

If all else fails, make your own !

I think I have at least one suitable in the garage, but also some aluminium blocks. Let me know if that would help.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Db n j wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 pm If all else fails, make your own !

I think I have at least one suitable in the garage, but also some aluminium blocks. Let me know if that would help.
I admire those who have the skills and equipment to fabricate parts from solid blocks of metal . . . . . sadly I'm not one of them. I'm happy with spannering, dismantling, tuning and fixing but I always thought that fabrication needs more sophisticated equipment as well as some expertise.
Andy

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

If you have any spare ones I don't think I'm that far from you? Certainly within Daimler range :D
Andy

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Andy,

Newport Shropshire, happy to see you, maybe weekend after next ?

Db

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Do you think you have a clamp or three lying around?
Andy

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

I've found 1 new one, which is not same size as the special Sports, so probably good for you. Send me the od of your pipe to confirm.

I'm sure there is a second hand one as well, but need more time to find it.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Diameter of pipe seems to be half an inch and distance between centres of clamp (between holes) around an inch.
Andy