Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1939 Daimler COG 5-40 Willowbrook bus

Rolf B.

1939 Daimler COG 5-40 Willowbrook bus

Post by Rolf B. »

Good morning,

in Lithuania is a 1939 Daimler COG 5-40 Willowbrook bus for sale. I believe it should be a must for having this one for each collector of Daimler cars, as far as one has enough space to garage this really wonderful pre war piece.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/deta ... 10ccd3703b

Cheers
Rolf B.

[ EOU 585 ]
Attachments
Daimler bus.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Re: 1939 Daimler COG 5-40 Willowbrook bus

Post by John-B »

I would love to drive it back to UK but my driving licence doesn't cover buses.

Would it fit in a container?

Someone should definitely buy it.

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

I don't think you need a PSV licence to drive such a vehicle when it used for private purposes and not for hire and reward. One does wonder how it managed to go so far East!

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

For 42,000 Euro is a driver included?!
Would be good fun though...

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I can only think they have one too many zeroes.

Step forward John Marshall, he’ll know what it’s worth.

But it would be fun.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

I just found a page of awebsite about Daimler buses in which among other pictures one of that Daimler bus - which is for sale now - is shown when it was in the UK. There are nice pictures to see but unfortunately for me the text is in Cyrillic script:

https://rorocho.livejournal.com/63202.html

Rolf B.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

That's a good find, Rolf. A lot of the backgrounds are definitely in UK, so I wonder why the bus is now in Lithuania.

The Blue Bus Services bus in the advert is EOU 585 while the one in your link is GNU 750.

However, whoever it is in Lithuania seems to like Daimler buses (and a nice Dart) and we should try to contact him or her. All the Daimlers in your link are in good condition, so whoever it is has good taste.

The website also shows a nice maroon Dart 74 AXA .

Daimlerman

Post by Daimlerman »

Hi, this bus which is the original GNU 750 new to Tailby & George Ltd Repton Derbys trading as Blue Bus Services was exported to Lithuania around five years or more ago. It is located on display at the shopping complex in Kaunas which is based around the railway station. It is in original condition but has been reregistered in the Lithuanian series. I do not have contacts but being an owner of another Blue Bus Daimler I would very much welcome its return. Two other British buses also reside there but are not Daimlers. They were all sold from the same source to this concern I believe. Any information or contact details would be welcome. Regards Gerald Anthony

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Message from John Marshall
Hello Administrator,

The following is an e-mail sent to you through the administration contact page on "".

The message was sent from a guest who specified the following contact
information:
Name: Mr John Marshall
Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GNU 750 - 1939 Daimler COG 5 was the first Daimler bus I ever drove. I was disappointed when I knew it had been sold overseas some years ago. Like a number of classic buses & coaches that are sold to buyers abroad they very often appear back on the market when their owners no longer want them for a number of reasons.
When they appear back on the market they are invariably at greatly inflated prices, which in my opinion is the case with GNU.
Can anyone tell me the general condition of the bodywork (particularly the wooden frame )