Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

E Bay Scams

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: E Bay Scams

Post by simonp »

Not sure I would buy cars off ebay. How long do they take to remove these adverts when reported? So much fake news around and this as well.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

At last they have removed them all, or the date has passed, they have been there over 10 days I wonder how many innocents were caught up in this scam. Syd

faeton

Post by faeton »

The E bay idiot is back . Not from Italy. This time He is selling for a friend and he is going on Holiday tomorrow .. How can we take E Bay serious whilst they continue to allow this farce to continue .

Dave

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

"I'm continually surprised that, for these reasons, none of the alternatives has broken its hold" the site 'bring a trailer' is becoming increasingly popular for classic car enthusiasts to both buy and sell and gains more volume of business with each passing month.. it surpasses ebay for best result with minimal BS in selling classic cars.(but is costly to buyers..unlike ebay) . Ebay peaked as the 'go to place' to buy and sell at least decade ago.. its always had scammers from day one.. but few competitors can match its sheer volume of listings..if you want to witness the king of scam sites, where fools and money are parted with great frequency, try Craigs List..

faeton

Post by faeton »

I think Car and Classic is probably the best site to buy and sell , I have only used it once .with good success , It was free at that time .

Dave