Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Conquest 1955 Pre-Select Gearbox

Skinnerpot

Daimler Conquest 1955 Pre-Select Gearbox

Post by Skinnerpot »

Hi,

Does anyone have a Wilson Pre-Select gearbox suitable for a 1955 Daimler Conquest?

Kind Regards
Andy
An age when roads were empty, machines were simple and every journey was an adventure!

Daimler Conquest DHC (DJ252), Morris Minor, Ford Model T, Vandem Plas 1500, Reliant Drag Race Car, Nelson Steam Car, 4.5" Foden Steam Wagon

weddingcartim

Re: Daimler Conquest 1955 Pre-Select Gearbox

Post by weddingcartim »

hi i know Eve has a spare but it has a selection issue on reverse i think

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi Andy,
Yes I have got a spare gearbox, selects and drives in all forward and reverse gears , the selector lever on the side plate of the gearbox is bent and has been welded in place which will require attention. if you are interested PM me or phone 01948 840638.
Geoff

Skinnerpot

Post by Skinnerpot »

Hi Geoff,

Just a little update (albeit very late!) Thank you once again for the gearbox, I fitted it about 5 months ago and has been driving an absolute dream ever since!

Not taken the old box apart yet to see what failed.

Thanks again. Andy
An age when roads were empty, machines were simple and every journey was an adventure!

Daimler Conquest DHC (DJ252), Morris Minor, Ford Model T, Vandem Plas 1500, Reliant Drag Race Car, Nelson Steam Car, 4.5" Foden Steam Wagon