Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Motor Bike Insurance Advice Required

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Motor Bike Insurance Advice Required

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, firstly I would like to wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year.
I own a 1976 Yamaha RS100 and am looking for a reasonably priced insurance policy.
I thought that it would be a good idea to ask members for recommended insurer, my existing policy expires on the 16 th of January, and have been quoted £111.00 .
Any advice would be most welcome .

Cheers Al :)

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Motor Bike Insurance Advice Required

Post by Phillmore »

Happy New Year Al. I use Bennett's for my 900cc Triumph and pay £103.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi thanks for that, do you happen to have their contact details please?

Cheers Al

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

There are no contact details on my documents (they were probably on the renewal docs) but if you google it they should come up I would suggest doing an online quote.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Thanks Andrew, I’ll take a look 😀😀.

Cheers Al 😀

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Andrew, just had an Insurance Quote , their basic insurance premium was around £83:00, but they are much more expensive for a similar level of cover with the company I’m presently insured with, which is One Call insurance Company, their renewal quotation is £111:00: , which is actually 100:00 less than Bennetts .

Many thanks for your help , Al 😀😀😀

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

I take it you are insuring the bike on classic insurance?

I have a Honda CB750 and I only pay £93 with Hastings Direct.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Hi Al,
I found Adrian flux worked well for me when I had a bike (Honda X11) but friends with sports bikes used carol nash.
That said I have used RH for the wife’s car and my cars and multi policies in the last three years and find that they are by far the best due to all that they offer included in the price and the efficiency they have over the phone. None of that waiting while they play poxy music interrupted by adverts for house and boats etc.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !