Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Brass heater valves

Crossley Stephenson

Brass heater valves

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Can anyone give me a head start in where to look for the brass heater valves used on the Special Sports and the DJ range.

Cheers
Michael

terryfrombury

Re: Brass heater valves

Post by terryfrombury »

I assume that you`ve tried the usual Daimler spare parts guys, Michael, in which case I`m sorry but absolutely no idea.

weddingcartim

Post by weddingcartim »

any chance of a picture i have many spares of all kinds

Crossley Stephenson

Hi Tim,

Here are a couple of photos
IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3390.JPG
Thanks for your interest.

Cheers
Michael

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Just wondered why you need a replacement ? I've just stripped 2 for our ss, they are very simple devices ?

Crossley Stephenson

I don't need replacements the SS valves are perfectly OK. I do need two valves for the DJ 254 restoration.

Cheers
Michael

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

Michael

I don't think there are valves like this on the DJ254, at least for the UK market. The Smiths heater is similar to the SP250's with a valve riveted to the heater box under the bonnet. A cable from the control in the cabin turns the valve. At the thermostat housing there is just a straight connection to the heater pipes.
These valves are commonly available on ebay though may need slight modifying to fit?

Mike
Attachments
heater.jpg