Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DJ254 NDHC Windscreen Seals

Pendle

DJ254 NDHC Windscreen Seals

Post by Pendle »

I am looking for advice on where to acquire the following windscreen related seals for a DJ254 New Drophead Coupe:

- Windscreen to frame seal
- Windscreen frame to body seal
- Windscreen frame to doors seals.

Thank you
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Crossley Stephenson

Re: DJ254 NDHC Windscreen Seals

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Hi Chris,

I'll watch the replies with much interest... I'm not quite to this stage yet but not too far away..

Cheers
Michael

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Hi Pendle,

have a look at www.daimlerrubberco.com and get in contact with Mark Bearman.

Regards Rolf

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I bought rubbers for my former car 90552 in 2011 from Woolies at Market Deeping in England.

I can't remember the stock number but have asked Mike Gray, who now has the car, to look through the history file and give me the details.

I will have a search in the garage as I am sure I still have an offcut you could use as a sample if you do not have old rubbers on the car.

Salmons

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Thank you for the responses. Dennis - I do have the old (original?) seals to use as templates, but would very much appreciate the Woolies part numbers. Rolf - I have not been able to access the website that you provided the link for - I get the response "Forbidden" - is there another way to contact Mark Bearman?
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Roark

Post by Roark »

I have an address at mark@daimlerrubberco.com

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Hi Chris,

indeed, Mark Bearman's emailaddress is mark@daimlerrubberco.com

Regards
Rolf

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

I have had a look at the notes supplied with my car which had a replacement screen fitted.
For the surround rubber the Woolies number given is R606C + rubber extrusion A 6m length was supplied

The rubber between the screen and the body is R273 - 3m of this was supplied

The surround rubber needs to be mitred in the upper corners to complete the seal.

I assume these are generic rubbers but they seem to work.

The rubber between the side window and the screen is a length of SRS 083 N - by C O H Baines;
Phoenix has the same thing https://phoenixtrim.co.uk/48-sponge-rub ... -548-p.asp
I presume these are meant to be retained by a metal strip inside the extrusion which is screwed to the screen pillar.

I have struggled to refurbish the quarter light rubbers. In the end I bought 2 extrusions for the early MG midget/sprite quarter lights. I cut sections of these which I bonded to the ageing original seal to form a reasonably complete quarterlight seal. I used Sugru mouldable glue to fare in the transitions between old and new seal. Any ideas of better ways of doing this would be appreciated.

Hope this helps

Mike

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Michael - Thank you.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports