Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lower steering rubber gaiter?

buckfield

Lower steering rubber gaiter?

Post by buckfield »

Hi, not sure if there is another version but my V8 column gaiter has gone again, every 3 years I have replace because of the proximity of the off side exhaust manifold, is there a silicone type version that can resist the heat, also I have a jag mk2 3.4 and the gaiter is ten years old and still perfect, so just an issue with the V8? also having seen the earlier type which is mush thicker rubber as the repro is just too thin maybe. not a major job but a bit frustrating? Tony

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Lower steering rubber gaiter?

Post by tjt77 »

this is an ongoing issue with repro rubber parts.. the MK2 jaguar does have a heat shield attached to rear manifold which helps.. id suggest you try and find a NOS gator..likely someone still has one in stock..

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi, thanks for the reply, the jag mk2 rhd has the column on the inlet manifold side so no heat there really?, I have asked about the NOS and it's the same as the copy part, but will keep a lookout for one.Ton

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Oversight on my part.. all my Jaguar/Daimler cars are LHD due to my location in US west coast.. answer still the same though..try and locate an original jaguar/daimler part .. you could also try wrapping the appropriate exhaust manifold with the proprietary material that vintage racers use.. worth a shot I'd think..