Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Majestic Major on Car and Classic - LF 1622

PhilD

Majestic Major on Car and Classic - LF 1622

Post by PhilD »

Looks like a very reasonable Majestic Major on Car and Classic

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1060509

I searched for one of these beauties before buying my 2 1\2 litre manual as a second best.

Does anyone know this car, advertiser indicates other Daimler ownership so hopefully this is a good car. Looking at the NOT history is positive, currently no not but no hint of corrosion since 2011. Annual mileage has been minimal.

Should I consider taking care of this dear old lady as there seems to be too few left?

Appreciate any input as I don't have any experience of these engineering masterpieces?

Phil

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Majestic Major on Car and Classic - LF 1622

Post by Chris_R »

Seems a rather nice example. If I was buying I think the asking price a bit optimistic but if I was selling I would think the price about right!
MM-DQ450-LF1622-137888-#1.jpg

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Ben Flatman's car. Well worth a look.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

The Majestic Major really is a fine motorcar..its appearance defies its qualities as a driving car. I think they never found the appreciation they truly deserved.. I do recall that many of em bit the dust in late 1970s.. usually due to getting scruffy and rusting .. I personally broke 3 of them up for parts 'back in the day' and recently broke up a limo that was in chronically poor condition..
Obviously if one can find a well cared for example that has not suffered the ravages of corrosion and been kept in good mechanical order you'd be on to something worth while.. the downside is they are VERY expensive to restore once they have gone downhill.. commonly several times the attainable market value to 'bring back' once deteriorated past a certain point.
the commonality with just about ALL classic cars , is that the very best deal is almost always the very best car.. A well cherished all original low mileage car with history might clean out the bank account.. but a rough example will cost far more in the long run and the headaches associated with restoration ( especiaily when work has to be contracted out) are immeasurable as is timespan to get the job finished...established wisdom says 'dont go there' . and at the end of the day, the car will never be as nice as a really well cared for original example.