Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 V8 Spark plug leads

Zbigmak

SP250 V8 Spark plug leads

Post by Zbigmak »

I am sure that this is a topic which has been discussed in the past but can anyone suggest a replacement solution?

KV8

Re: SP250 V8 Spark plug leads

Post by KV8 »

Barry Thorne supplies excellent integrated plug leads and extensions.His contact details are near back of Driving Member.
Hope this helps

H

heh101353

Post by heh101353 »

From my point of view contact BT.
I bought a real nice set last year. Even the guys at the workshop I use were enthusiastic about these leads. Especially the "plug" that keeps the spark plug tubes sealed and the routing of the leads.
Unfortunately I'm unable to post an image as my car is not at hand but to get the idea click the link below.
https://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/Prod ... -HT009.JPG

Hans

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

This shows the set I got from BT...
P1190396-001.JPG
The plug caps have a finned rubber collar that seals against the plug tubes....
P1270535.JPG
There's no real advantage to this that I can see, but it's useful to lube the fins with silicone grease when fitting them, otherwise they can be quite difficult to remove. The cables have sleeves fitted that identify which plug they attach to.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Have just fitted a set of these and finally ditched the original tubes etc . Car running very smoothly with rebuilt carbs as well but still liking the points!

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

connort

Post by connort »

Hi All

Just thought I'd add a word or two about the 'Ignition Parts' leads which I also fitted a while back. They are indeed very neat but, slight caution, 'unsuppressed' despite being told otherwise. If you don't have a radio you'd be blissfully unaware of the anti-social RFI being output. Fortunately, changing the plugs for the internal 'resistor' versions (5k ohms) saved the day.

Best regards ...
Trevor

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Check out Max overbore Daimler V8 page 5 for a great alternative for suppressed ignition leads.Works perfectly.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I always preferred points. Personal preference through experience, but mixing electronics with traditional electrics used on classics normally ends in tears. Traditional voltage regulators have to be in tip top working order so not to burn out the electronic ignition. At least with a points set up you have a chance to do a road side repair.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Paul Edginton

Post by Paul Edginton »

P1030032.JPG
I am using a Rover V8 cap and rotor on my distributor . The NZ parts club makes up an adaptor ring that is seen in the photo. Cost and availability are much better than Daimler parts.
Sorry the photo is not upright
Paul

Ian Hastings

Post by Ian Hastings »

I was just about to buy a new dizzy cap as mine is suspect.

Are the adapter rings generally available?