Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Car SOS Daimler SP250 Dart

V8 Junkie

Car SOS Daimler SP250 Dart

Post by V8 Junkie »

For those that haven,t seen this episode tonight at 7.00 PM channel 14 Freeview

Zbigmak

Re: Car SOS Daimler SP250 Dart

Post by Zbigmak »

One can also see the episode at:

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

There's also a showing of maroon 2100 LJ which belongs to a forum member, and I saw it at Sherborne Castle a few years ago.
The car which is restored resprayed blue is 405 ELX.
David Manners is also seen.
I'm sure I've seen this programme before.
Did he say he wanted a 50% discount on the most expensive wire wheels? Some chance! He was lucky to get 25%.

It always worries me a lot when these programmes rush terribly to get a project finished, what's not done properly or is the rush all fake?

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

In the case of the Dart John, I chatted with the owner and one of the sons and it was done well and is holding up well.
What you don’t see in the edited version that up to fourteen people we’re working on the car at any one time.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

It’s Colin Heslop, the club treasurer’s car
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

One small criticism, the windscreen wipers park on the wrong side. All the RHD cars I've looked at have them park flat on the driver's side. Was this car originally LHD? I don't think so.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

It's an interesting series of programs but I do find it off putting when they show so much guff about getting parts etc when the real interest is in the work restoring the vehicle.

The programs would have greater interest to me personally if they showed more of how the work was done and less on the tripping about to sort odd spares and refurb issues.

In my experience getting those rear hubs sorted for wire wheels is a challenge in it's self, Fuzz does know that but they chose not to show what must have been hard work. They also made very light of the R&P steering conversion which was in my experience a challenging job, it being critical to get that dead right Syd

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Can the 'parked' position of the wipers be adjusted? My RHD parks at 20 - 30 degrees above the horizontal and does detract form vision.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Ozzsp250 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:53 pm Can the 'parked' position of the wipers be adjusted? My RHD parks at 20 - 30 degrees above the horizontal and does detract form vision.
Yes, they can be adjusted to any parked position, the blades have to be removed and re-set, but my original wiper motor didn't park ie continue after the power was off, it just stopped the blades where they were. My new motor does park, but the travel isn't from one flat position to the flat position the other side, so if they are set flat on the passenger side the wipers don't go all the way across the driver's side of the screen. That's why I thought they ought to be adjusted to park on the driver's side and then the passenger's screen is not fully wiped.

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

The park position is adjusted by slackening off the round lid on the motor and rotating, when the wipers are switched off the circuit is held by a wiper to earth, when the wiper hits the Paxolin insert the wipers stop. Removing the wipers only changers the area wiped not the park, be aware that slack in the mechanism can cause the wipers to park slightly short of the optimum park position, it's a fine line adjustment to achieve park and the wipers not hitting the rubber seal when in operation.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.