Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

lanchester 14 timing mark

1949startinghandle

lanchester 14 timing mark

Post by 1949startinghandle »

where is the timing mark for the 14? Book says on the flywheel but I see no window in the housing.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: lanchester 14 timing mark

Post by theoldman »

There is a hole in the top of the bell housing (to enable you to get at the filler plug) and MOST cars have the timing mark on the edge of the flywheel, which can be seen through the hole.

If yours hasn't got them, it's a question of doing it the old fashioned way, by ear..................

As I have said before, i've never used a timing mark to time up an engine in my life.................
Normal for Norfolk

1949startinghandle

Post by 1949startinghandle »

thanks a lot! I'll have a look tomorrow.

bop

Post by bop »

Hope this helps
20190304_161615.jpg
Bob

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

A mirror and torch might help.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster