Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Heater/Carb water pipes

Warsash 2

Heater/Carb water pipes

Post by Warsash 2 »

The rebuild of the engine is now complete but there are some tiding up things to do. The last owner used 15mm copper water pipe and capillary fittings for the heater/carbs pipes. No doubt he was fed up with the poor quality 'T' hoses. Some years ago I fitted stainless steel 'T' pieces to my V8 250. I have lost the address of the supplier so can any on out there let me know where I can get them from along with the rubber hoses to go with them. The attached photo I think shows what I mean.
Regards

Colin
Attachments
Completed running engine.jpg

Ozzsp250

Re: Heater/Carb water pipes

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I recall David Manners having a 'kit' available, however they were fitted to my car when I purchased it but quality of the bends is less than appealing. I have purchased some thicker wall stainless steel tubing and are going to bend my own. The plan is to 'tig' weld "T's" for the manifold connections and thus not need the rubber fittings. I will use silicone heater hose straight fittings.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

At one time I believe there was a source of stainless water pipes that did away with the rubber elbows and tees but I'm pretty sure they're no longer available.

I got a set from Barry Thorne - together with the associated rubber connectors - and they are good quality and fit very well. Hopefully you can make them out in this picture.
P1190541.JPG
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I went and took a look at David Manners website and it lists the tubing kit - HEATER PIPE KIT DART - see link below.

http://www.jagspares.co.uk/Manners/part ... tno=HTP5SS

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Some years ago I bought a stainless kit from a gent in the club and this works very well.
Sadly I think he is no longer with us, so no availability.
Having looked at the fittings I believe them to be Pegler push fit fittings and it seems they are available in various metric sizes.
They can only be an improvement on the rubber tee hoses originally fitted.

Dave.

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

The impression 'T' fittings were made by Arthur Reynolds in the 1990's. I don't know if he is still with us.

The drawings with measurements and flow mechanic workings were published in the Driving Member and also I think in the 'Spread the Word' file of SP250 technical articles complied by Laurence Jones.

hope this helps

Kevin

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

damn predictive text. That should read compression not impression

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

The main problem with the original canvas reinforced rubber tee and elbow connectors was their limited life after installation. Those currently available from BT are silicone rubber. They're just as fiddly to fit and remove but have a much longer life.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Yes Kevin, That was the chap I had them off.
Looking at what he supplied, the tees look just like the Pegler ones on their website.

Dave.

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

Agreed. I think they are the reducer type to manage the water flow