Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Special Sports head torque settings

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Special Sports head torque settings

Post by grahamemmett »

Yes I have mine pumped up hard too. Yours was a dream but Howard Parslow's was a nightmare :o
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Eric990j

Post by Eric990j »

Ah, now that’s just what I wanted, reccomendations from guys who drive the cars:) . What makes did you fit and what size? I see 175/16 80 or 185/16 80 I also see sosme modern tyres which are a good price and some classic special ones which seem expensive unless I understand the value of fitting them !

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Eric, I have to confess to some penny pinching. While Blockley and Longstone wanted £200 a tyre (with tube and fitting) I asked my local tyre supplier and he came up with a Maxxis at £88 and £15 for the inner tube.
It's not quite as large so doesn't fill the wheel arch as well as the original but it doesn't look bad at all:

OLD crossply tyres
Old tyres.jpg
NEW Maxxis radials

New tyres.jpg
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Tyres, I went for Avon tourist crossply, as original.

The car arrived with taxi radials, which for me seemed to give heavy steering, and are considerably smaller diameter.

The clincher was that the radial was also fatter, and would not fit in the Empress spare wheel compartment

I am happy with the result.