Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Hello everyone

Chipale

Hello everyone

Post by Chipale »

I am soon to be the very proud owner of a 1968 V8 250. My first Daimler - yippee!
Hopefully it will be sitting on my driveway in two weeks time. I wanted to say hello and apologise up front for some (actually, probably quite a few) initial daft laddie questions regarding a few first jobs I want to get done and where I will appreciate your advice and expertise.
Looking forward to this! Thanks

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Hello and welcome, there isn't a problem with daft questions on this forum. They are very welcome. We all learn from each other and it is far better to ask than struggle.
You should find lots of good advice given to help get you going with what should be a very enjoyable Daimler.

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hello. welcome to this wonderful club, the cars can be a daunting project to take on, but I was out of my depth to begin with, but that soon passed as the tips and good advice will be very forthcoming on this forum, no such thing as a daft question, the cars are wonderful and quality products when their sorted out, had my V8 man/od for 16 years and I don't think I could ever part with it now. keep checking the other sections of this forum as some issues can be relevant to other models. Ton

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you are probably within a reasonably short distance from the club’s main annual gathering which is in Peebles this year. Here is a link to the website just in case you are interested. https://www.dlocrally.com/
All the best,Ranald

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Yes, Welcome. Daft questions? Daft car designers too.

Yesterday I saw a very nice old Alvis approaching and tooted my horn, but no sound was heard. I hit the button again, again no sound. I just had time to return his wave.

Now I've probably got a loose connection behind the horn button which will mean removing the steering column to get at it. Why did the designers make it so difficult to mend a loose connection? :shock:

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

Unless you've R&P steering there is no need to remove the column on an SP you can slide the stator tube out of the wheel then release the horn and indicator for access to the connectors, the adjustable column is slightly easier the the fixed version, OK you lose some steering box oil.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I think this new fella is going to be a troublemaker.
He’s only said hello and already caused a row over a horn push......

But seriously welcome and please join the club at www.dloc.org.uk
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)