Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Concrete

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Roark

Concrete

Post by Roark »

Good afternoon. Can anyone recommend a product to clean a heavy oil stain in/on a concrete floor please? The problem with concrete is that it's porous and I suspect that the oil stain will be quite deep.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Concrete

Post by John-B »

Yes, it's probably soaked in. It looks like your only solution will be a heavy duty floor paint. :D

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Hi John, I keep a bag of cement in the garage. Best used immediately after the spill, but might work even after some time. Spread a little on the stain, grind it in with your boot, and leave for a couple of days. Then sweep up, or preferably wash away. It should make a noticeable difference.

Mark

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Cat litter works well on fresh spills. Might be a challenge on an ingrained stain though.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Pour a strong spirit into the stain, the stronger the better, the sort of thing that you can’t get anymore because it rots your lungs. Then before it evaporates cover it with cat litter. The spirit breaks down the stain then the litter lifts it out.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Petrol might also work?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Try Cellulose Thinners , that works vet well 😊😊