Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

David Beales still in business?

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Dartford Dave

David Beales still in business?

Post by Dartford Dave »

Can anyone tell me if David Beales is still trading ? Only I sent him my rear shock link pins for refurb nearly 5 weeks ago and still not received them. Matthew quoted me a one week turn around but to allow 2 weeks. I have sent 4 emails over the last 2 weeks and called numerous times but have had no joy getting any replies. I have missed two events and had to let my friend's daughter down as obviously the car can not be used. I am now wondering if they have ceased trading so appreciate if any one has any news.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: David Beales still in business?

Post by grahamemmett »

David is still trading, sometimes when he’s really busy he takes a while to respond.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Dartford Dave

Post by Dartford Dave »

Thanks Graham for that. It's a relief if that's the case. But even when busy, I think it's a bit unreasonable not to answer 4 emails over two week period. I must have phoned 6 times at various times of the day but no one answers. Looks like having the car available for Easter isn't going to happen either. I can't pretend I'm a happy bunny. But if like you say he is still trading then at least I should get my bits back sometime .

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

I have to say I just wouldn't deal with a supplier like that but I understand you may have no choice and I do understand lone working issues and all of that. Barry Thorne gives a great service and other lone workers I use.

Just don't understand it and mostly I don't think it is respectful.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Dartford Dave

Post by Dartford Dave »

Quick update. I received my link pins yesterday and a scribbled note on the parcel said " Sorry for delay, bereavement" . So anyone in the same situation it looks as if there has been unforseen family loss.