Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Job Lot Unified Nuts and Bolts

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Job Lot Unified Nuts and Bolts

Post by NickDeAth »

I found this lot during the continuing clear out of my shed. There is an assortment of UNF and UNC nuts and bolts mostly new although showing signs of the 35 to 40 years of storage . They came out of my service van in the early mid 80's. Sizes between 1/4" to 1/2"

I believe some of the Jaguars had unified threads.

Collection only from Romford Essex.

Nominal donation to your favourite charity.
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Job Lot Unified Nuts and Bolts

Post by NickDeAth »

IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG
And that's the rest of the pictures.

Regards Nick

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Hi Nick, is that a couple of 1/4" UNF Countersunk set screws I spy in the plastic bag in the last but one picture? If so I would be very grateful for up to 4 of those if you can spare just those please. I know you say collection but would it possible to pop them in a jiffy bag to me?

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Hello Chris, I think that bag may be 5/16 I'll have a look tomorrow. I don't mind separating out a few I just want to get rid of them , there's a few kilos of bolts there. I'm never going to use them now but I hate throwing things away.

Nick

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Hello Chris. The camera can be deceiving, the countersunk screw you can see in the bag is 3/8" !

However I have found 6 1/4 x 1" UNF countersunk socket head screws, any good to you?

Nick

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Hi Nick, Many thanks for looking. I'm not sure what a countersunk socket head screw looks like. Is it slotted for tightening with a screwdriver so that if fitted to a countersunk hole the top would be flush with the surrounding surface?

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

Countersunk is fairly obvious, the screw head will sit flush with the surface it is screwed into. Socket head is the means to screw it in, instead of a slot you have a hexagon indent/recess and use an Allen key to do the screw up.

Nick

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Ah, yes, completely clear now, I know exactly what you mean. They'd be perfect. I'll send you my address by PM or I can send you an SAE.

saratim

Post by saratim »

A hex wrench is super useful when it comes to driving bolts or screws because of its hexagonal head at the end. It is very light in weight and comes in very handy for the smallest tasks around the house. The hexagonal sides of the wrench help prevent damage which makes it very easy to turn it around without putting a lot of pressure. The ones I purchased from https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/t ... 60-108.htm are probably the best quality ones I've used so far. They are light in weight but the best part is that they are available in many sizes. They’re small in size it is easy to lose them but it is great that they come in sets so it is easy to organize them.

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

Nick,

Did you get rid of these nuts and bolts - if not I'll take them off your hands for a donation to my favourite charity.
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252