Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Boot rubbers Sp 250

Warsash 2

Boot rubbers Sp 250

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
I am refiiting the darts boot after a repair. I can get the boot lock to catch with no rubber but when I put the new rubber in it will not shut.
It appears to be too chunky. has any one any ideas as were I can get the proper rubbers from.
Regards

colin

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Boot rubbers Sp 250

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Reedweaver

Post by Reedweaver »

The same thing happened to me when I replaced the boot rubbers. When you close the boot does it line up correctly with the car, if it does, then you need to adjust the catch imo.
Wrong (online-video-cutter.com).mp4
(511.04 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
I ended up setting up a camera to record what the catch was doing...It worked very well, and after a small adjustment closed perfectly with a satisfying click.
Right (online-video-cutter.com).mp4
(306.17 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

Thanks to all, I am still having trouble with boot. I have managed to cobble it up for the international when hopefully I can have a good look at the SP's to see what I am doing wrong. The car is an A spec and the quality of the panels are questionable.
Thanks
Colin