Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Chassis No. 100164

Beat Weibel

Chassis No. 100164

Post by Beat Weibel »

Hello SP250 friends
I am seriously considering to having an SP250 again. Currently chassis No. 100164 is for sale in Germany.
Is this car know to this forum?
Best regards
Beat

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Chassis No. 100164

Post by John-B »

Yes, it is listed in the SP250 register "pasSPort" in Germany. I've emailed you the telephone number. It has rack and pinion steering, a Ford 5-speed gearbox and wire wheels. It's quite an early chassis number.

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Thanks. I understand that motor, chassis, body and interior have been completely overhauled.
BR
Beat

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Looking it at the pictures, the switches, speedo and rev counter are not SP250 either. The latter appear to be from Daimler V8 (or Mk2).
Can the rev ounter and speedo be swapped easily?
BR
Beat

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Don’t know about the speedo but the tachometer is electric on the V8 250 and mechanical on the SP. It may be that the distributor drive has been swapped, or even the whole engine.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Thanks Colin.
Does anybody know the correct engine number allowing me to check it when I go and see the car?
And by the way, would anybody have a spare original rev counter and speedometer, if necessary for refurbishment and kph adjustment?
Best regards
Beat

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

The tachometer Drive from the SP are very difficult to find and that is why some have the V8 electric base fitted.
It’s the sort of part that people hesitate to let go if they do have a spare and only let them go for a small ransom.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Engine number as read by the seller:
7K1190

"K" appears to be a bit strange? Maybe "4" or a Limousine engine?

BR
Beat

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Beat Weibel wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:13 pm Engine number as read by the seller:
7K1190

BR
Beat
Quite possible. My car now has a saloon block with a number that starts 1A... Presumably from a late model V8 saloon.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Beat Weibel wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:13 pm Engine number as read by the seller:
7K1190

Beat
It's almost certainly a saloon block. Saloon engines numbers were prefixed 7A or 7H followed by four digits. Given that engine numbers on the block are not always that clear, the 'K' could easily be a misread 'A' or 'H'.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".