Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 Saloon Front Springs

soaringace

V8 Saloon Front Springs

Post by soaringace »

I think my earlier post got lost in the forum downtime, although there were a couple of replies.

It appears that the two main suppliers of V8 Saloon parts are not supplying the correct front springs. I am assured that the Daimler ones should have six and a half coils compared to seven and a half for the Jaguar 3.4/3.8, and are an inch and a half shorter (before fitting). The ones supplied up to a couple of years ago, appear to have been correct though.

Has anyone else experienced this, or found a supplier with the right springs (I think a previous reply to my first ‘lost’ post suggested Martin Robey, so thanks for that). Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Alan

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: V8 Saloon Front Springs

Post by tjt77 »

Martin Robey is a knowledgable supplier.. so worth contacting.. I dont have any 1st hand info, but faintly recall that the springs for the 2.4 Mk2 Jaguar are same as those used on our Daimler versions..
Today spring design has improved as have sources for metal alloys.. also try the company 'Supplex' as they make improved springs for many different classics.. Ive used their progressive springs on both MGA and MG midget;- the ride quality and handling improvements were impressive..

soaringace

Re: V8 Saloon Front Springs

Post by soaringace »

Thanks for that confirmation tjt77 - have never dealt with Martin Robey but know them by reputation.

I believe they are the same springs as the 2.4 Jaguar.

Alan