Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Austin 10 exhaust manifold

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Austin 10 exhaust manifold

Post by ranald »

Forgive me for discussing Austins on this forum! A friend is trying to source an exhaust manifold for an early 1930s Austin Ten. Does anyone have any idea where he might find one? Thanks, Ranald

John Chatfield

Re: Austin 10 exhaust manifold

Post by John Chatfield »

Try Mark at F H Greening Tewkesbury Gloucestershire. 01242 620220

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Thanks, I will look into it.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Depends on the model but I have a Cambridge version.

Alternatively Austins of old Arley will have one or know where to get one.

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Thanks Syd. I will try to find out the model. Assumes of course it has it's original engine. Kind regards, Ranald

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

The 1932 -36 cars have a side draught manifold and the 1936 on cars have a downdraught manifold. The weak point is the square exhaust pipe fixing with four tapped holes for the studs. These are often drilled out or broken. Welding them is problematic and so it's worth making sure your friend buys one from a reliable source.
Theo is now the chap at Old Arley, he carried on after Bob Glenister retired , and probably he or Mark are both reliable sources. It may also be worth looking at the Austin 10 Drivers Club website.

https://parts.austintendriversclub.com/ ... h=2&page=1

They have a large selection of new and sometimes secondhand parts available on line with a discount for club members. They are a good source for GG9/1 brake linings which, with a small bit of filing, make a suitable substitute for the original linings fitted to hydraulic braked Lanchester 10s and Daimler 15s. Just trying to bring in a D.L. connection here at the end!

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Simon, Thanks for that information.
Syd, Is your’s a downdraft manifold? The car is a 1932 Tourer, so if it has its original engine it will therefore be a side draft. type.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Hi Ranald. I know I have a later engine manifold which came out of a 1939 Cambridge, it has a carb on it which from memory is down draft. I am away in Ireland at present till next Thursday but if you are not fixed up by then let me know. I will look in my parts loft as I have lots of 10 bits and may well have another for the older engine. Syd

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Thanks Syd.