Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart Door closing alignment pin floating bush questions

JimL

Dart Door closing alignment pin floating bush questions

Post by JimL »

Can anyone please help me with details of the bush fitted in the door alignment stabbing pin socket?
I believe there should be a floating type bush in the chrome plated socket on the 'B' post.
Does any Company sell the bushes? If not would anyone have a drawing or sketch? What material is the bush made from? and how is the bush retained in the socket, I'm guessing its held in place with a circlip?
I can probably manufacture a bush but currently have no real idea of how it should be.
Thanks Fellows.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Dart Door closing alignment pin floating bush questions

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Assuming the car is an SP, this thread on the old forum may help. The pictures are hosted on Photobucket and hopefully are still visible in your browser.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Bud

Post by Bud »

As in the thread referred to in the Old Forum, I was successful using a replacement seat from a plumbers faucet kit and some thread lock.
Adjusted the door setback by screwing the seat in or out and bobs yer uncle. The water flow hole in the seat allows the pin dome to center.

JimL

Post by JimL »

Yes SP250 right enough. Thanks for your help. The pictures from the old forum explain clearly. I should now be able to make up some inserts on the lathe.

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

hi all, i posted last night but it seems to be lost out there .
I'm in the market for a female part of the B Pillar door locating unit. I have the male ( door side ) but am missing the other part. A previous owner had replaced a door with an A spec without the recess . Have modded it to take the b spec the same as the other side .
regards Steve

Brooksy

Post by Brooksy »

Steve,

Get in touch with Michael Barnes in Aust, he had some secondhand ones that he wanted to sell.

I believe he is on this forum, if not send me an email and I will put you in touch with him.

Regards
Regards

Brooksy

1962 SP250 Ex Met Police 104035