Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 saloon headlining replacement

CHRIS J

Re: V8 saloon headlining replacement

Post by CHRIS J »

Hi the round sections are D shaped rubber under the lining.
here are some pictures of the main section with the new wool lining, not yet started on the edge.
IMG_2087.JPG
IMG_2086.JPG

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Many thanks for update Tony.

However could you please resend with attached photos as individuals at higher resolution. Enlarging individual photos in collage to detail viewable levels is not possible due to pixelation.

Thanks

Howard

KV8

Post by KV8 »

CHRIS J wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:39 pm Hi the round sections are D shaped rubber under the lining.
here are some pictures of the main section with the new wool lining, not yet started on the edge.IMG_2087.JPGIMG_2086.JPG
Thanks Chris

I assume the "wood" coloured cross members above front and rear windows are in fact metal in your car colour or primer? How are the D shaped sausages actually attached?

Howard

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi, these images were taken on a 35mm, not a digital cam so only so much definition is on the image (it was 2005) , but try these, the sausage trims are fitted with these from woollies at least mine were? https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1279/spring-clip. try these images again, if you look at the pic with the white piece over the rear window you can see the round holes that the clip goes into on the black coloured trim piece.will try and look for some more. all the best Tony
Attachments
V8 daimler interior_20190718_0005.jpg
V8 daimler interior_20190718_0004.jpg
V8 daimler interior_20190718_0003.jpg
V8 daimler interior_20190718_0002.jpg

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Thanks again Tony

Photos now OK.

Hmm yes I think i will go for it come October but may come back after then if I encounter problems.

Many thanks to you and Chris for input.

Howard

buckfield wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 pm Hi, these images were taken on a 35mm, not a digital cam so only so much definition is on the image (it was 2005) , but try these, the sausage trims are fitted with these from woollies at least mine were? https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1279/spring-clip. try these images again, if you look at the pic with the white piece over the rear window you can see the round holes that the clip goes into on the black coloured trim piece.will try and look for some more. all the best Tony

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi, as with all things on these cars interior is plan ahead and let it all happen in time, rushing is the worse thing to do, esp for us amateurs eh? good luck with the interior and remember folks always judge the quality of the interior work for the overall quality of the whole car? all the best Tony

KV8

Post by KV8 »

buckfield wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:06 pm Hi, as with all things on these cars interior is plan ahead and let it all happen in time, rushing is the worse thing to do, esp for us amateurs eh? good luck with the interior and remember folks always judge the quality of the interior work for the overall quality of the whole car? all the best Tony
Further to your observation regarding overall quality please see V8 -250 for sale at H&H auction later this month

At an estimate of £18-22000. the headlining looks worse than mine and certainly yours!

H

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi, that is just rank! my cars are not concourse, but loads of money has been spent on it, just another £200 on a decent headlining and the rest of the car looks good on the pics, it's a let down. reminds of a v8250 I went see at an auction, the car turned up 5 mins before the lot time and it was a mess with the headlining painted in yellow masonry paint and it was a mess, the guy who drove it in just got out the car and left, rest of the car looked ok. and it was a man/od to boot. just beware. tony

CHRIS J

Post by CHRIS J »

Hi Howard
I spent a couple of hours on the lining yesterday and you were interested in the roll beading so here's some pic's of how I got on showing the side metal sections with the rubber D BEADING.
Chris
IMG_2115.JPG
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2099.JPG

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Thanks Chris very helpful.

The V8 250 with the grotty headlining at H&H Auction did actually fetch £18,000!

H