Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

None but The Brave. ....................

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

None but The Brave. ....................

Post by Stan Thomas »

John-B
Site Admin

Re: None but The Brave. ....................

Post by John-B »

Only £10,000 ! :D I'd like to have that just to look at even if it doesn't work. Unfortunately I haven't got the space.
It would make a fantastic bus to transport old people to the village hall or hospital.
I think the Club or JHT should buy vehicles like this.
EDIT: I've just read the description - the photo is of the other similar bus! (I must not jump to conclusions.)

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I love this bit
"Although not a difficult restoration for a multi skilled person (REALLY?) some considerable time will be involved. (I WOULD SAY SO)
The engine will require the refitting of the cylinder heads and manifolds, (POP IN A NEW SET OF PLUGS DROP OF ENGINE OIL AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO) the majority of the work is to the all wood coachwork (A TON OF ASH A GOOD BAND SAW AND A LOT OF PATIENCE)) which will need replacement"

I wonder if the writer has ever tackled a restoration?

Refit cylinder heads bolt on the manifolds, pop the engine back in, a bit of fettling of the body and you have a great motor, might take a few bob and a year or two perhaps.

As you say Stan one for the very brave, but what a great thing to own when it is done.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The word Delusional comes to mind.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)