Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 Modified seat hinge - help

Magnor

SP250 Modified seat hinge - help

Post by Magnor »

I have tried to find an old post on both new and old forum which described how to modify the hinge on SP250 seat to recline the back further. I know I have read it on one of the forums but now cannot find it. Any help much appreciated.
Clive

John-B
Site Admin

Re: SP250 Modified seat hinge - help

Post by John-B »

Here you are, just one topic returned to my search for SP250 angle tilt of seat back:

http://archive.dloc.co.uk/forum/topic.a ... ,seat,back

Magnor

Post by Magnor »

Hi John,
Thanks, that was the result I found but I could not find any results for 'Chris Demler' who was listed as the person who posted on 'link plates' to recline the seat more.
Clive

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris Demler is a member of this forum with username CDemler so you could email him. His email is from Germany so I don't know how good his English is.

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Or there was this one I posted awhile ago

http://forum.dloc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... 278#p19278

Dave

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

John-B wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:25 am Chris Demler is a member of this forum with username CDemler so you could email him. His email is from Germany so I don't know how good his English is.
Christian Demler speaks excellent english and he has a lot of SP250 reproduction parts, many of which are unobtainable elsewhere - window regulators that work and windscreen side rubbers in soft foam for example. He has a list of what he can supply that I'm sure he'll send you if you email him.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Tony250w

Post by Tony250w »

I have used the one as suggested by DaveM, it is easy to make and fit and works well. I can now drive looking through the windscreen!

Tony

Magnor

Post by Magnor »

Dave,
Thank you for your reply. That was the one I was looking for. Off to my workshop now!

Thank you
Clive

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Clive et al

A slightly more expensive route to a reclining SP seat is provided by a company called Newton Commercial in Norfolk, as quite a few owners already know. They make new seats which tilt forward and recline, and they have removable headrests for those concerned about whiplash, the standard seat backs are rather low. They will fit standard SP seat rails, all that is required is for the steel runners to be transferred from the original seats to their new ones, and they're at least as comfortable as the originals, with pleats that match the standard rear seat.

They come with a seat back map pocket plus a neat little elasticised pocket at the front of the seat base, ideal for sunglasses, driving gloves, your Tenax hood stud tool or whatever.

I've used them for the past 3 years and have no complaints, I can spend all day in the car and emerge with no back ache afterwards. not always the case with some other cars.

I have some photos but not on this laptop, please ask if you'd like to see them.

Highly recommended.

Regards

Fossil

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Adrian Hetherington on the Isle of Man has designed a stepped seat back adjustment for his SP that allows multi positions.

All quite clever I thought as well as his electric power steering.

Great so many good engineers own our cars.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!