Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP (New Cam )

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

SP (New Cam )

Post by daimlersteve »

Just installed 210/200 Deg. Duration @50 Thou lift . - 390" f/lift .
This hauls ass .
The best ive tried yet. Idles in 4th gear, pulls from there on .
Back on Dyno next week but feels over 200 hp, probably 15 hp over last cam of 197 deg duration@50- .390 "lift
Speced for torque but no hesitation up to 7000 RPM. grabbed another gear then , and indications are good for the power still coming on . will pull that in in all intermediate gears.
On std. Sus With OA7 needles , clean fast changes and no hesitation whatsoever .
Who said SUs dont work. !!

very happy with result,
Cheers Steve

fredeuce

Re: SP (New Cam )

Post by fredeuce »

Steve,
Is this a reground factory cam running factory lifters?
Sounds like a good result.
Cheers,
Fred

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

hiya,
Org. cam ,welded ( hard faced ) straightened and ground to my own master locally.
Looking forward to tues on the Dyno . Pulls like a train .
Steve

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

pS, Factory lifters ( cleaned up ) . Org. Radius .
The man that made the master is an old Crow Cams man ( Previous owner ,i think ) Over your side of the ditch anyway .

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Dyno run today -- At Crank, 202 HP @5980, 213FT.LB TQ @4088 . .

At wheels 153hp and 161.3 tq.
Previous dyno had power at 152hp with the smaller cam , same setup on this Dyno showed it as 147 hp , so quite conservative.

Looking good , needles were a tad rich so have swapped them and looks great with the Colour- tune plug. Even more responsive . Still needs 37 degrees of all in advance and the limitation is now the small inlet manifold ( 26mm i/d tube . ) High air speed and great for tq. Bigger manifold may give more at the top end , but its the sit up and go i like .

Steve

JohnM

Post by JohnM »

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Jealous!

Keep up the great work, Steve!
John
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

daimlersteve wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:53 am Dyno run today -- At Crank, 202 HP @5980, 213FT.LB TQ @4088 . .

At wheels 153hp and 161.3 tq.
Previous dyno had power at 152hp with the smaller cam , same setup on this Dyno showed it as 147 hp , so quite conservative.

Looking good , needles were a tad rich so have swapped them and looks great with the Colour- tune plug. Even more responsive . Still needs 37 degrees of all in advance and the limitation is now the small inlet manifold ( 26mm i/d tube . ) High air speed and great for tq. Bigger manifold may give more at the top end , but its the sit up and go i like .

Steve
Those are interesting figures!

For my engine, although 2.8 liters, we will aim for 34mm ID inlet runners 165mm long as this matches the camshaft specifications.

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Using a free App on the Mob. One run ( could be bettered ) 0-60km. - 3 sec. , 0-100km - 7 sec. using 2800rpm and easing out the clutch. Changes at 6000 rpm. Pulls strong , best ive tried yet. great response and torque across the full range .

Steve

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

New much modified Org. manifold with tapered individual runners , Running 2 X HIF6 ( Rover 3.5 carbs slightly modded needles ) Revs cleanly to 7k . Back on Dyno Wed. to check torque curve . We may have lost a little at 1500 or it may be the needles need a little more attention. Idle is better than before .

Pulls like a train , clean sharp changes .
Regards to all , Steve

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

daimlersteve wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 am New much modified Org. manifold with tapered individual runners , Running 2 X HIF6 ( Rover 3.5 carbs slightly modded needles ) Revs cleanly to 7k . Back on Dyno Wed. to check torque curve . We may have lost a little at 1500 or it may be the needles need a little more attention. Idle is better than before .

Pulls like a train , clean sharp changes .
Regards to all , Steve
How did you do on the dyno yesterday?