Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimlers on TV and Film

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
Barrie

Daimlers on TV and Film

Post by Barrie »

Tonight on TV Channel 4: ‘Princess Margaret: The Royal Rebel.
Lots of Daimler shots. All very good quality with no fuzziness.
DB18 drophead, DE36 convertible, several Double Six state cars, a Majestic Major Limousine, a few Rolls Royces plus Vauxhall and others too.

I’m sorry I can’t post a link but maybe somebody more able than I will do.

pekkak

Re: Daimlers on TV and Film

Post by pekkak »

Really interesting Barry,
Do u happen to know if TV4 is Discovery, Viasat or BBC? Or some else? Me and my wife have been eagerly watching Heart Beat, Downton Abbey and some other British. According to my experience local producers dont understand how important is to select cars and other vechicles from that period.
Pekka

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

If you watch channel 81 - Talking Picture - Old Daimlers seem to pitch up a lot. In a James Mason film he was hunted down by what I'm sure were two Consorts

Barrie

Post by Barrie »

Ooops!
Princess Margaret: The Rebel Royal.
Not Channel 4 but BBC 2 :oops:
You can still catch it on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... re-vs-duty

silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Hopefully this link works

esp at 0.17, 0.54, 1.17

silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Talking Pictures film

Bond St

Very last shot DE36? F*P 270

Skinnerpot

Post by Skinnerpot »

My Daimler Conquest DHC was apparently used in the filming of the 'Farrington of the F O'.

Although the car in the clip has a different reg (not sure why) im sure its the correct car as it was the previous owner who had it at the time of the filming and the colours are non standard. The original grey hood was also apparently damaged in the filming hence why the hood is now new and blue!

An age when roads were empty, machines were simple and every journey was an adventure!

Daimler Conquest DHC (DJ252), Morris Minor, Ford Model T, Vandem Plas 1500, Reliant Drag Race Car, Nelson Steam Car, 4.5" Foden Steam Wagon

pekkak

Post by pekkak »

Thanks Barrie and silverfox. Unfortunately BBC iPlayer works only in UK. So lovely to see traffic in London and spot so many familiar cars. Someone might be interested to know that still in 1960ìes most cars in Finland were made in England. In 1962 purchasing license was not needed any more. Soon Japanese import started and most British makes gradually disappeared. Daimlers were never common here. Probably some tens were imported. I have one DJ251.

silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Another one to add on Tsalking Pictures TV

Look at Life episode Chickens to Mill

About midway there is a quick shot of the rear end of a parked Conquest

John Chatfield

Post by John Chatfield »

How about the comedy the fast Lady, an SP spanking it past the Bentley brief but definitely a Daimler in it's best stride.