Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 oil pressure gauge line fittings.

Ozzsp250

SP250 oil pressure gauge line fittings.

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I unfortunately damaged the oil pressure flex gauge line 90 degree fitting when installing my engine into the car this weekend. It is where the plastic line to steel fitting attaches to engine by the oil filter assembly. It may be a British standard for the time period but I sure don't recognize it. Can anybody identify fitting name or type and whether they can be purchased separately or should I just purchase a new flexible gauge line?

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: SP250 oil pressure gauge line fittings.

Post by tjt77 »

You should be able to find a 90o pipe fitting at your local hardware store.. threads are std 1/8" pipe thread and usually made of brass .. common part for the water line hook up on US made 'swamp coolers'

Ozzsp250

Re: SP250 oil pressure gauge line fittings.

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Tim,

The 1/8" Npt size as you say is common but the other half on the fitting at gauge end and oil filter end were special to me. They have a raised dimple in the center on one side and a corresponding hole to seal against on the other. I have ordered a new line from Barry Thorne [plus other consumables], Barry says are now stainless instead of plastic. The tracking number indicated the parts made it to LAX early this morning so should make Phoenix in a couple of days.