Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

radiator fan shroud

Richard Vester

radiator fan shroud

Post by Richard Vester »

Does anyone have drawings and / or photos of a radiator fan shroud for me? This was an option on the Daimler SP250

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: radiator fan shroud

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Daimler offered it as an option for countries with 'High ambient temperatures'. Other than this picture from the Spare Parts Catalogue, I'm not aware of any original drawings.
Capture.JPG
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Unfortunately no dimensions given but the drawing does not look too dissimilar to the top half of the cowl for the V8 / V8-250 saloon that is readily available. Would depend on very similar fan diameter and need some mods and mounting brackets etc but...??

HTH

H

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I brought one a couple of years back its currently in my garage attic area, will get it down and measure it....give me a couples of days.

Post by #100910 »

Christian Demler lists a fiberglass shroud among his offerings:
Fan_Shroud.PNG

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Here's the fan shroud I purchased. Rather than take up forum space I have taken photos and dimensions and can email to whoever wants them.

I should note that its very basic.
Attachments
P1040588.JPG

Automospe

Post by Automospe »

I bought one from Chris. It is made from fiberglass with a nice black finish. Installation was not complicated. It seems to work well although I haven't tried a long trip yet ( it is still hovering around 100 degrees F in Texas). I will be road tripping to Boston next month so will see how it goes. Very nice quality.