Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

One week of ownership

GrahamH

Re: One week of ownership

Post by GrahamH »

The problem with Doris was the rotor arm supplied was the wrong one😱 put the old one back in and all is well again👍🏻
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Hi db nj thanks I’ll look on the site, it looks like the pipe just goes into the heater now, no clip is showin so I’ll have to take the cover off I think? are you saying that once the pipe is removed then the valve just attaches to the heater cover (there are two holes showing on mine)?

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Graham, there is a plate which sits over the pipe, the seal sits between it and the valve.

There are 2 self taping screws through the valve, to the plate.

Not sure if dm supply the plate ? It has the same outline as the end of the valve.

(I was lucky in that I bought a spare heater complete, so I had a chance to see how it was assembled, and found a plate. )

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

Graham
I'm a consort owner driver - Had it just a year - Have driven 2200 miles over the summer - Long trip to Edinburgh, York and Wales. On W/E October 12 I'm driving down to Dorset - so if you wanted to meet up we could have a chat and a compare and contrast - I've just about touched all parts of mine - so while no expert I've got to grips with the Consort.

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Hi mickeytwonames. That’s sounds like a good plan, I would love to meet up somewhere, where about safe you going to/staying in Dorset?

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

I hate predictive text 🤬it should read where are you going to/staying in Dorset?👍🏻

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Any more info on your Dorset trip? Mickytwonames?

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Everyone,
I have been away (still in Ireland) so only looked at the forum this evening.
The new drop arm is shorter and engineered to theoretically require more turns lock to lock but easier.
The new brake booster has been fitted along with some BMW thingyamyjig and apparel toy the brakes are absolutely fantastic.
the steering is still to be considered after comparison with other Special Sports.
I am back in Sydney on 17 October and hope to do some test driving and comparisons soon after that.
I will report further.
Cheers from Dundalk.
Peter G