Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

2020 SP250 Calendar

soaringace

2020 SP250 Calendar

Post by soaringace »

Well it’s that time of year again, when I think about the 2020 SP250 calendar. I have had several photos submitted already so this is the final call.

If you have any interesting SP photos, particularly in unusual locations or angles, and are happy for us to use them for consideration in the 2020 version, then please email me digital copies of as high a resolution as possible.

Deadline is Saturday 14th September and my email is soaring.ace(at)btinternet.com

Thanks

Alan

soaringace

Re: 2020 SP250 Calendar

Post by soaringace »

The 2020 SP250 calendars will be back from the printers in the next few days, and your first chance to buy one will be at the NEC Classic Motor Show from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th November. There will be a special show price (and no postage costs!) if you pick up one from there.

After the show, I will start postal orders at £11 for the wall calendars or £12 for the desk versions. Postage costs will be confirmed later and more details to follow.

Alan

Bud

Post by Bud »

Alan

I'll have a set as soon as the delivery rates are are known, please.

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

Ok Bud, no problem.

Thanks

Alan

Automospe

Post by Automospe »

Alan,
I'll take one of each.
Tom Ames

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

One of each for me too, please, Alan.

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

Tom/John

Thanks - will pick the calendars up in the next few days and confirm more then.

Alan

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

It’s all systems go for the calendars now!

I am ready to deal with any calendar orders by post. You can email me at soaring.ace(at)btinternet.com

The prices are the same as last year - wall calendars are £11 and the desk versions £12. The photos are different on each version.

Postage is as follows
UK £1.50 for one calendar or £1.97 for two
Europe £4.00 / £4.60
USA & Canada £5.00 / £6.80
Australia & New Zealand £5.30 / £7.20

I would prefer a PayPal account credit using the above email, or you can send a cheque to me at 40 Brentwood Place, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 9DN, UK.

If you want to pay by direct bank credit, I can confirm the details.

Can you also confirm the address for postage please

All profits will go to the pasSPort fund and the SP250 website costs, through Laurence Jones & Glyn Overy, who support this. If you want to round up your payment to make a small (or large!) donation to pasSPort, I will ensure that this gets passed on.

They have been printed again by Lavenham Press and the general opinion is that the quality is excellent (& the photos are pretty good too!!). Thanks to everyone who submitted photos for consideration for this year’s calendars.

I am away for a few days so orders will probably not be sent until week commencing 25/11, but will be sent out by first class postage.

If you have already indicated an interest I will be emailing you to confirm.

Thanks

Alan

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Both calendars received today, thanks, Alan.

Lovely day in the west country to take the Dart out, but garage doors were swollen and jammed solid. Then I broke the key in the lock.
Luckily I had opened the sliding bolt with difficulty and was trying to lock it again to test. Doors eventually prized apart and I spent the morning planing the edges top to bottom quite heavily. Then after opening and shutting the doors during planing, the broken bit of the key protruded a bit and I could get it out. Three spare keys so all is OK now but Dart just got some sunshine through the garage doors :D

SPAR

Post by SPAR »

Glad to hear sod's law is alive and well in your area too. I did manage to get my SP out this afternoon but the traffic was awful, so after doing about 5 miles in an hour, I gave up and came home!