Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Collection of past issues "The Driving Member" plus 2 books

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Collection of past issues "The Driving Member" plus 2 books

Post by grahamemmett »

I'm certain that newer members would love reading these, they have a charm all of their own.
From an ex-member.......

I will be moving home in 2 weeks and found a box full of past issues in the attic which may be of interest to members.

There are 164 magazines dating from April 1982 until April 1997 (vols 19,20,21,22,24,25,26,30,31,32,33 and 35) all in good condition. It would be a shame to take them to the tip so anyone who wants them would be able to collect from my home in Penn, Bucks at no cost. I will be moving to Long Crendon (Bucks, near Thame) hopefully on 7th October.

I also found the following 2 books both in excellent condition on the SP250

1. Daimler SP250 Sports and V-8 250 Saloon, by R. M. Clarke) in July 1990
2. Daimler V8 SP250 by Brian Long in hardback published 1994

These are too good to give away but I will accept any reasonable offer!!

I would be happy to hear direct by e-mail m.clark44 at btinternet dot com or mobile Zero Seven Seven Nine Four 762499.

Many thanks
Malcolm Clark
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Collection of past issues "The Driving Member" plus 2 books

Post by grahamemmett »

Last chance - if no takers by the end of November they will be disposed of. Pity as there’s a wealth of technical information in these.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Some one must want these Graham, they just don't know it or the value of them in terms of information and great articles.

I treasure my early copies of the magazine and paid good money on fleabay for some earlier issues when I first got my SP250. They have proved invaluable and great reading on a wet Sunday afternoon in January. (pop DLOC magazine into fleabay and see what I mean)

Come on you new owners, don't let these go for recycling.

Hope they find a new home Graham. Syd

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Malcolm Clark says "I still have all these back issues...it would be a shame to dump them - going free to anyone who is willing to collect from Long Crendon (Near Thame), Bucks

There are 164 magazines dating from April 1982 until April 1997 (vols 19,20,21,22,24,25,26,30,31,32,33 and 35 all in good condition. I would be a shame to take them to the tip so anyone who wants them would be able to collect from my home in Long Crendon, Bucks at no cost.

Malcolm"

The two books have been bought.