Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DJ 254 seats

Crossley Stephenson

DJ 254 seats

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Specifically addressed to: ChrisJ, Jojo, Migray, Pendle, Beat and Peter but others may be able to assist too.

I am nearing the end of the restoration of 90515 but I am still grappling with the seats or more accurately lack of - they were removed and lost before I became the custodianof the car.

I have fabricated a seat frame based on best guess, photos and measurements of other cars here in Australia (and some from our recent visit to Peebles) but I have nothing of much use regarding the seat runners. Do any of you have some photos of the seat runners that you would share with me?

My fingers are tightly crossed🤞
Michael

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: DJ 254 seats

Post by migray »

I attach the one picture I have, taken by the previous owner. You can see the sprung device for tilting/raising the passenger seat on the right hand runner. I'm not sure if they are similar to the saloon ones.
There is another picture here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4330
Best of luck.

Mike
Attachments
13f Seat runner bolts 11th Nov 2010.JPG

Crossley Stephenson

Cheers Mike.

Anymore contrutions welcome.

Michae

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

I just saw your post. I have gone through my restoration photos, but have none of the seat runners (only the tops of the seats). A few critical points (from recollection):

- the two runners on each seat are at different floor levels. If you have the original floor with the mounting holes, you should be able to measure this. The runner mounts on the seats are higher on one side than the other to allow for the floor levels (i.e., runner is mounted to seat on blocks on one side).

- the passenger seat only is hinged at the front of the frame to swing forward, with a spring loaded hinge.

- I believe that runners are different from those in DJ saloons.

I will try to take a look and take some photos later today.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

A couple of photos of driver's seat runners (from a very cold garage!). In the second photo, the spacer between the seat and outer runner (next to door) is visible. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attachments
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Crossley Stephenson

Thanks Chris, the photos help.

Cheers
Michael

CHRIS J

Post by CHRIS J »

Hi Michael
I have taken some pic's for you a bit difficult without removing the seats, They may be of some use
One showing the passenger seat hinge and spring.
Chris Joyce
IMG_2201 (1).JPG
IMG_2202 (1).JPG
IMG_2197 (1).JPG
IMG_2198 (1).JPG

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

From what I can see from the parts books for the Conquest range the sliders that mount on the floor are the same for the Saloons (DJ250, DJ256, DJ260) and the Roadster DJ254. As far as I can find out there is no parts book for the NDHC DJ254 so I cannot confirm the sliders are the same for that version. If the bits on the floor are the same as the saloon then the runner on the seat might be modifiable from an old DJ250, DJ256 or DJ260 seat's runners.
Just a thought.
Mike