Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DAIMLERS AND THE FIRES IN AUSTRALIA

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

DAIMLERS AND THE FIRES IN AUSTRALIA

Post by Salmons »

I KNOW THAT PEOPLE, WILD ANIMALS AND PROPERTY COME FIRST BUT I WONDER IF ANY DAIMLERS ARE UNDER THREAT FROM THE FIRES N AUSTRALIA.

SALMONS

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DAIMLERS AND THE FIRES IN AUSTRALIA

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Have a mate who has a daughter living there she is sending footage of how near she is, as she says any rain is soon lost because of how hot it is.
Let us hope 2020 brings them all a better year.

Peter

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, I have very recently been chatting to Brooksy ( Daimler SP 250 owner);who lives near Sydney, in fact I actually stayed with him and his good wife a few years ago.
Whilst I was over there, he took me up into the beautiful Blue Mountain region, and we visited a fellow DLOC member, who had indeed lost a couple of cars in a previous fire, I did inquire as to the position now, and fortunately all is well at the moment ??
Let’s pray that it stays that way. !!!!

Best wishes, Al 😊😊

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Al,
I am away at the moment but I am getting daily updates from a property belonging to my employer in the Blue Mountains at Laura and while there is no immediate danger the ferocity and extent of the fires have been the worst I can remember.
Some staff members at the hotel in Laura have been evacuated and one has lost her home to the fires. One of our club members has a weekender in Blackheath and he sent photos showing how close the fires came to the house, frightening.
The fires are now south of Sydney and causing havoc along the coastal settlements. I have friends who have a house in Sussex inlet but haven’t heard of their property is at risk.
If I hear anything I will post.
Peter Grant

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

It seems that the whole of Australia is on fire, quite terrible. I have five cousins in Oz and they all live in or around Brisbane which has avoided fires so far. However, today's weather forecast shows winds from the south so Brisbane may be in for a tough time. I hope not.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi everyone,

Back in Australia.

The fires have been bad, and continue to threaten to flare up but fingers crossed some rain is expected in the eastern states and this should greatly help reduce the risk of uncontrolled fires.
There is also widespread clearing of fire trails and containment lines to help prevent the fires spreading.

State and federal governments will have to carefully implement controlled burning and maintenance of fire breaks to help prevent this happening again in the future.

Unfortunately when you hear about fires being deliberately lit it makes me realise how difficult it is to anticipate all situations. Idiots, naturally occurring and accidental fires, lots of fuel about and the drought all make prevention and spread very tough to manage.