Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Newbe

andywen8156

Newbe

Post by andywen8156 »

Hi I have recently aquired a Lanchester 14 1953 which was the one used for Top Gear the reg is DNH932 very pleased to be able to joing the club!

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Newbe

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Welcome Andy hope your ownership goes better then Hammond's and you will be a proud owner , there is several Lanchester owners on here a few have a 14 and i did know of 2 in Norfolk.
So a photo would be good .

best wishes a fellow Lanchester owner listening to high winds at 3 in the morning.
Peter

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

welcome to a fantastic club, you will not be short of advice on here. a 14 is a very nice car and will make you stand out from the crowd. give us some pics and let those of us in the know help you along the path to motoring pleasure. anyway at least I'm not the only member to be up storm watching? ton

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Tony for once the forecast about our weather must be correct as we are both sides of the country, still blowing here but short of 80MPH but enough to stop Radio Norfolk going out in the car.
So not Lanchester weather today or Daimler or BSA.

Peter

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I usually go to the Shepton Mallet Footman James Show yesterday or today but yesterday I had other things to do and today it is a bit blowy in the west country. I haven't heard that JT7196 Alan has set up a display there this year so I expect to meet him at later west country shows. Since you are in Tiverton, Andy, try to get to Sherborne Castle, Shepton Mallet or Sherborne School shows which Alan is normally at with a Club display and often with his LA11.

[Edit, off-topic posts deleted, including mine, sorry.]

andywen8156

Post by andywen8156 »

Many thanks for your kind replies hope to attend future meeting once I have sorted out a few problems on the 14

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John, no decided to give it a rest this time, it not a good time to put on a classic car show, lost count of the amount of times I’ve spent many hours cleaning my “Eleven”:only to get it filthy again going to Shepton at this time of the year !!!

Cheers Al

Graham

Post by Graham »

I have fully restored a lj200 and hopefully it will be out and about this year, I have gained a bit of knowledge about the make and would be happy to try and help you with any questions

andywen8156

LJ200

Post by andywen8156 »

Thank you Graham nice to meet you on here well I must say I do have a few questions. My front brakes seem to bind well full on... however they do ease off when I move the car. I have noticed that there are an extra engine mountings fitted forward of the originals ones? have a great day and happy motoring :D :D

Graham

Post by Graham »

The front brakes are hydraulic, rear brakes mechanical. I had this trouble, I just took them apart and cleaned them, the parts are the same as the conquest and you can still get them on eBay.