Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

How many manual Sovereign in LHD?

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
mbracing

How many manual Sovereign in LHD?

Post by mbracing »

Hallo from Italy.
We know from the records that only 355 examples of Daimler Sovereign (1966-69 420 type) has been produced in LHD. Anybody knows how many of those were fitted with manual gearbox? Books like “Jaguar S-Type and 420” (J.Taylor) says the majority of those were fitted with automatic gearboxes, therefore the manual ones should be very rare.
Many thanks in advance for the help.
mbracing

John-B
Site Admin

Re: How many manual Sovereign in LHD?

Post by John-B »

Kevin Bennett might know. He's the editor of our Club magazine but he's not a forum member. He owns a Daimler Sovereign and several other classic cars. I've sent you an email with his email address.

mbracing

Post by mbracing »

Thank you John-B, I just sent an email to Mr.Bennett, let’s see the eventual reply.
Kind regards,
mbracing

CDemler

Post by CDemler »

Hi Mauro,
I have 4 LHD Sovereign 420 on my list.
1x in Verona Manual Transmission
1x in Vienna Manual Transmission
1x in Switzerland Auto
1x in California Auto

Plus 7 cars with RHD and Manual gearbox.
In the last few month a lot of these cars have turned up (LHD)for sale.
But I did not put them on my list already.

Chris

mbracing

Post by mbracing »

Thanks for the nice replies.
Unfortunately the exact numbers of LHD Daimler Sovereigns fitted with manual O/D gearbox it is still unknown, I had a nice exchange of mails with Mr.Bennett but he also doesn't know the answer.
But the research continues and if any other member has any information about this, please let me know.
Kind regards from Italy.
mbracing