Please don't post someone's email address or, if you must, put spaces around the @ or change @ to (at). Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation after nr. as this negates search.

Max overbore Daimler V8

Sonus

Re: Max overbore Daimler V8

Post by Sonus » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 pm

I was following that build on BritishV8.org, but there has been no updates for quite some time - http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,34236

On another note; the last hairline crack in my block has been welded and the block handed back to the machine shop for trial fitting of the crank. We are going to make a ladder frame that connects the five main bearing caps together. We will fit ARP studs that are a bit longer to cover the 3/8" thick steel ladder frame.

Camshaft will be ordered from Penta Motorsport soon

daimlersteve

Post by daimlersteve » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Good call on the cam, at least you get a full sized base circle. Which profile are you going to get ?

steve

Sonus

Post by Sonus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm

daimlersteve wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 pm
Good call on the cam, at least you get a full sized base circle. Which profile are you going to get ?

steve
Going for the same spec as Fred did for his midget
Attachments
image001.png

Sonus

Post by Sonus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Sonus wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm
daimlersteve wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 pm

steve
Going for the same spec as Fred did for his midget
I have since decided to revise the camshaft spec. Especially regarding the overall valve lift which is excessive on a road engine IMO.