Forum registration by users has been disabled because of many problem registrations from Russia. Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (no spaces) if you wish to join the forum and an administrator will register you.
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

Lanchester 11 engine mounts.

Marcel Renshaw

Lanchester 11 engine mounts.

Post by Marcel Renshaw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 am

Can anyone tell me if the engine mounts used in the Lanchester 11 were the same as the Lanchester 10.
If they are different can anyone tell me of suitable alternatives.
Many thanks.

JT7196

Re: Lanchester 11 engine mounts.

Post by JT7196 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Marcel, having just looked through both LA10 and LA11 Parts Books, I can confirm that they are different, the LA11 ones are much more "Cone" shaped. I actually used Jaguar Engine Mountings at the Front end of my Engine, easily obtainable on eBay, and they do the job very well.
I did find some original ones in a box of spare parts recently and when I get the chance later , I'll look them out and photograph them for you.

Cheers Al :) :)

Marcel Renshaw

Post by Marcel Renshaw » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:16 am

Many thanks Alan, is it worth me buying or borrowing them from you to be able to get tooling made?
The more usable cars the better being my thought.

JT7196

Post by JT7196 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi Marcel, I’ll check the Part No ‘s attached to some of the Mountings against to see if they are actually for LA10’s and LA 11’s

Cheers Al