Forum registration by new users: Guests should use the Register button top right but if you have difficulty Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (delete spaces).
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

DJ 254 seats

Crossley Stephenson

DJ 254 seats

Post by Crossley Stephenson » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:42 am

Specifically addressed to: ChrisJ, Jojo, Migray, Pendle, Beat and Peter but others may be able to assist too.

I am nearing the end of the restoration of 90515 but I am still grappling with the seats or more accurately lack of - they were removed and lost before I became the custodianof the car.

I have fabricated a seat frame based on best guess, photos and measurements of other cars here in Australia (and some from our recent visit to Peebles) but I have nothing of much use regarding the seat runners. Do any of you have some photos of the seat runners that you would share with me?

My fingers are tightly crossed🤞
Michael

migray

Re: DJ 254 seats

Post by migray » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:00 am

I attach the one picture I have, taken by the previous owner. You can see the sprung device for tilting/raising the passenger seat on the right hand runner. I'm not sure if they are similar to the saloon ones.
There is another picture here https://forum.dloc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4330
Best of luck.

Mike
Attachments
13f Seat runner bolts 11th Nov 2010.JPG

Crossley Stephenson

Post by Crossley Stephenson » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:30 am

Cheers Mike.

Anymore contrutions welcome.

Michae

Pendle

Post by Pendle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:13 pm

I just saw your post. I have gone through my restoration photos, but have none of the seat runners (only the tops of the seats). A few critical points (from recollection):

- the two runners on each seat are at different floor levels. If you have the original floor with the mounting holes, you should be able to measure this. The runner mounts on the seats are higher on one side than the other to allow for the floor levels (i.e., runner is mounted to seat on blocks on one side).

- the passenger seat only is hinged at the front of the frame to swing forward, with a spring loaded hinge.

- I believe that runners are different from those in DJ saloons.

I will try to take a look and take some photos later today.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254

Pendle

Post by Pendle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm

A couple of photos of driver's seat runners (from a very cold garage!). In the second photo, the spacer between the seat and outer runner (next to door) is visible. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attachments
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254

Crossley Stephenson

Post by Crossley Stephenson » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Thanks Chris, the photos help.

Cheers