Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

steering column rubber seal between inner saloon and engine bay

guitarman1951

steering column rubber seal between inner saloon and engine bay

Post by guitarman1951 »

Optimized-metal boot and rubber.jpg
Removed the steering column on my 1968 daimler 250 ,and renewed the top and bottom bushes. The bottom of the column is clamped next to the dip switch on the floor. I took the 4 studs out and removed this bottom clamp and it had the remnants of a rubber seal.
SNG lists part no C3323 as the replacement, but it hasnt got the lip and 4 holes on the bottom See photos.. Has anyone done this job and can advise
Optimized-metal boot and rubber.jpg
Optimized-c3323.jpg

guitarman1951

Re: steering column rubber seal between inner saloon and engine bay

Post by guitarman1951 »

Finally figured out a solution yo the rubber at the bottom of the steering column.
I thing the rubber I found on removing the column could have been a home made one in the distant past. X marks the new rubber. It looks comfy!!.
Column back in place with new top and bottom bushes and horn working on press of horn ring
Optimized-column rubber.jpg
.One more job done