Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Radiator shell assembly wanted

Geoff

Radiator shell assembly wanted

Post by Geoff »

Radiator shell assembly wanted (front grill) for Daimler 3.5 litre range, fitted to the following; Regency mark 11 and 111, Empress mark 11a, Empress mark 111, Sportsman saloon, one 0 four saloon and one 0 four ladies model

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: Radiator shell assembly wanted

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Do you know if it is the same as Conquest Century?
They look similar but not sure about physical dimension differences.

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Thank you for your interest Marcel. The conquest grill assembly is exactly the same as the sportsman in question except for the starting handle aperture, the conquest being at the top of the centre panel and the sportsman being at the bottom. I expect that failing a replacement being available a blanking plate could be added and a new aperture made in the panel.

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

I know it might be difficult to measure but do you have a) total height and the b) the distance between the top and the centre of the starting handle hole?

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi Dexter, I have measured from the inside of the grill, the total measurement is 72.5cm and the measurement from the top to the centre of the hole is 64 cm.

Hamish Dickie

Post by Hamish Dickie »

Hi Geoff,
I have a couple of Conquest rad grills and will compare with my 104 & parts lists. Will be Monday before I can get to workshop so bear with me
Regards
Hamish

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Just had an eBay notification for a Consort grille. It looks like it’s actually Regency.