Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

10 HP Parts

Geocet

10 HP Parts

Post by Geocet »

Hello. I'm a recent impulse purchaser of a 10 hp saloon. (Not quite an impulse purchaser, I've been looking for a Lanchester or BSA for some time but I bought this car optimistically, over optimistically, it turns out). I need a head gasket, I think. (too much oil in the sump and it is grey, just the one shade) I need a radiator cap. The thread on the top of the radiator is male BSP 2.25" (2,5" O D, 11 TPI) the cap currently fitted is BS Cycle, at a guess, much finer pitch, anyway. Very easy to cross thread, as you might imagine. I'm currently endeavouring to remanufacture a seat subframe for the driver's side (woodworm) and finding someone to restore the upholstery. A workshop manual would be useful, if anyone knows how I might come by one. And a head gasket.
Hope there are people out there with more knowledge and experience than I.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: 10 HP Parts

Post by John-B »

Welcome - A BSA owner :o We haven't got many of them on this forum, but we do have a lot of Lanchester LA10 owners.

The Club registrar for LA10s is Alan (username JT7196) who actually owns a LA11. If there are engine similarities with the BSA 10, he would know.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The club’s BSA Registrar is Mark Cuthbert-Brown, contact details on the website or in the DM.
He has a 10 and also happens to have the club’s library of manuals so he’s your man.
No workshop manual was ever published but probably a Spare Parts Catalogue will help greatly.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John, as far as I am aware , BSA ‘s tended to use Side Valve engines, although some BSA parts i.e. the Connecting Rods as fitted to my LA11 engine, are stamped up with BSA Logo .

Cheers Al 😀😀

Ps, Welcome George, , always good to hear from you BSA chaps, perhaps you may be able to encourage some more BSA owners to come onto this Forum 😃😃😃. Al 😃