Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

R/H O/side vertical link for SP 250 wanted

TWF

R/H O/side vertical link for SP 250 wanted

Post by TWF »

WANTED R/Hand (O/Side) vertical link for SP 250 ,Regards ,Terry . (Mob 07957217318)

silverdart

Re: R/H O/side vertical link for SP 250 wanted

Post by silverdart »

Hi Just out of interest, have you worn or broken one as it is possible to repair them sometimes.

Dave.

CDemler

Post by CDemler »

Hi Terry,
Get in contact with me via Email. I have some vertikal links for sale. I can also have your old ones repaired if it is just worn out. We have been doing this for many years. Looking forward other from you, Chris

TWF

Post by TWF »

Hi ,i have the steering and suspension stripped and although the vertical links are serviceable (i.e. threads ) the R/hand (o/side) has been welded at sometime in it's life(not on the thread or where the top ball joint locates , but on the back just below the stub axle nut and washer,it must have been done over 20 years ago and has not failed but i thought that while i have it all stripped i would replace it if i can get one ,if not i will put it back and keep looking ,Regards ,Terry .

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Hi, For peace of mind why not have it flaw detected at a lab. I would assume you could get this done locally at no great cost.

Dave.

TWF

Post by TWF »

Hi ,when assembling the vertical link into the trunnion, is it essential to screw the vertical link all the way into the trunnion and then back ONE FULL TURN ? or can the V/link be screwed all the way in until it it touches the trunnion and then back so that the lock stop can be fitted,it looks as though you would still get a full lock and it takes a little more play out of the threads, (please tell me if i am missing something) Regards ,Terry .