Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Fuel gauge for LA10

lilykill

Fuel gauge for LA10

Post by lilykill »

Looking for fuel gauge for LA10, its looks very similar to a gauge used in the Series 1 Land Rover but haven't been able to find one of those either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Fuel gauge for LA10

Post by Db n j »

Any chance of a picture ? Will be helpful

lilykill

Post by lilykill »

Db n j wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 pm Any chance of a picture ? Will be helpful
Yes that would help, this one.
Attachments
gauge.png

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Hi I have checked with a friend who is a Series 1 Anorak. He agrees its like the Series 1, but also confirmed its hard to get, especially in as lovely condition as yours,

He suggested that if the gauge is faulty, then best bet would be to get it repaired.

I will add details if he finds a LR instrument repairer.

lilykill

Post by lilykill »

Db n j wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 am Hi I have checked with a friend who is a Series 1 Anorak. He agrees its like the Series 1, but also confirmed its hard to get, especially in as lovely condition as yours,

He suggested that if the gauge is faulty, then best bet would be to get it repaired.

I will add details if he finds a LR instrument repairer.
Problem that's just an image I found and not mine. I currently have an oil pressure gauge in the petrol gauges place, thats why I'm on the hunt for one.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

That’s explains it.

Only one currently on eBay was a Land Rover instrument panel.

Keep looking, may take some time.

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Don't give up checking ebay.co.uk permanentely. We did it and got the same one gauge round about half a year ago. You just need a little patience.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Your a correct Rolf - patience is required.

In the meantime, you could get a jaeger dial from an MG etc which is similar, or a Smiths one to use until the correct one arrives ?