Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 2166 cc engine valves needed

captain bobo

Daimler 15 2166 cc engine valves needed

Post by captain bobo »

I need a set of inlet and exhaust valves for the 2166 cc engine of my Daimler 15.

I wonder if any forum members are aware of a possible source?

Alternatively, perhaps someone has replaced the valves in the past and might have some serviceable valves?

The main priority is the exhaust valves.

Might there be more modern valves that could be machined to fit perhaps?

As usual, comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Best wishes, Dave B

Rolf B.

Re: Daimler 15 2166 cc engine valves needed

Post by Rolf B. »

Hi Dave,

when we - my son Dino and I - reconditioned the engine of our 1933 Daimler 15, we've been in need for some valves too, which Derek Sleigh has delivered.

Cheers Rolf
Attachments
20180413_215027.jpg

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I’ve emailed you some good news about the exhaust valves, still working on inlets.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Hi Capain BoBo,

I may be able to help if you give me the dimensions of the valves - i.e overall length, head and stem diameter, seat angle etc.

I have a retired colleague who worked for an engine reconditioners and he still has the computerised cross-references for piston and valve sizes - which mght flag up something.

He found me a pair of valves for a German diesel engine which were the correct fit for an A.J.S. motorcycle I am restoring.

captain bobo

Post by captain bobo »

Thank you Stan. I've sourced the exhaust valves but finding the inlet valves is proving more difficult. If I have no success I'll get in touch with whatever data I can find about the dimensions etc. of the inlet valves and hopefully your friend could help me out.
Best wishes, Dave B

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Dave,
why not give Cox & Turner a call, I’m sure that they will be ably to help you out with some Inlet Valves
Tel No 01935-826816 Ask for Ian (Cox)
They are situated at :-

Huish Farm,
Yeovil Road,
Tintinhull,
Yeovil,
Somerset,
BA22-8QL.

Email: ian@coxandturner.co.uk
You can mention my name if you like, 👍👍👍

Cheers Al 👍👍