Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Switch horn assembly Conquest

andywen8156

Switch horn assembly Conquest

Post by andywen8156 »

Hi my horn/switch assembly has broken off so looking for a working replacement? Its on Daimler Conquest Century

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Switch horn assembly Conquest

Post by Db n j »

Andy, just for clarity, which bit is broken? And what does the horn-push look like (plain or “D” badge ?)

Might help find a solution

andywen8156

Post by andywen8156 »

Hi Db many thanks for your reply well seems there was an old repair to the fixings. It was only held in by one screw to the metal mounting The others had broken off the bakelite I guess and missing. have attached 2 pics. Be great if you could advise :D
Attachments
IMG_20210628_103418.jpg
IMG_20210628_103407.jpg

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Andy,

That's clear - not a common fault . I'm not an expert, but earlier Conquests have a plain horn button.

Yours is with a D Badge, which I believe uses the same assy as larger Daimlers - Majestics etc.

The base I think is the same as the DB18 Consort and Special Sports.

Horn Assys are not easily available, so start looking...

David Beales tells me he has lots of parts available, so that's a start - and if the harness is old, David supplies a ready made harness.

Look out for damage to the base on the inside of the horn-button - there are 3 pips which hold the button static when the wheel is turned. Often one
of these buttons gets broken. (I am going to try to do a repair, cos I think its possible to !)

Let us know know how you get on

andywen8156

Post by andywen8156 »

Hi Db
Thank you for the info and a possible contact will try David. Luckily the wiring has been updated in the past or may have to purchase an indicator switch with horn push for the time being it fits on the column seen on ebay. Good luck with fixing the broken bit will update if I can get hold of any replacement thanks again! :D

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

Hi Andy,

I have a horn assembly for a Conquest Century. I don't know the condition but will inspect it.

Email or pm me if you are interested.
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252