Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Special Sports parts required

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

DB18 Special Sports parts required

Post by Db n j »

I am looking for a Bonnet Hinge (and maybe also a Bonnet for our Special Sports FHC restoration.

(the car was missing one of the bonnet hinges when we took it. I have made a reasonable copy, but its not quite good enough to get a good panel gap
(the sills and front end have been very difficult to align)

The bonnet has been off the car for so long that I fear that it is also not helping matters.

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

ps any SS restorers might be interested in mt SS Advert - see Sales

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DB18 Special Sports parts required

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi David,
Sorry for not replying earlier.
I had sent a message to the member who cleaned up and had the bonnet hinges available some time ago and I haven't heard from him but I think he may have ended up using them for the restoration of his own Special Sports.
i will ask him again at our next club meeting.
Cheers
Peter Grant

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DB18 Special Sports parts required

Post by Db n j »

Thanks Peter. Fingers crossed.

Amazing how few parts are available in the uk. To my knowledge only one ss broken in the last 10 years, and 1 Empress (both were really beyond saving), which means few parts.